E-commerce has become an inevitable part of our life over the last few years. Like many other activities, e-commerce development services have also undergone a substantial transformation following the pandemic and lockdown. Thanks to the internet, technology and the ongoing digitalization of modern life. A paper by Statista states over two billion people purchased goods or services from online platforms in 2020. With the increase in effective e-commerce business strategies and online transactions, e- retail sales also surpassed 4.2 trillion U.S. dollars worldwide. It is said that e-commerce retail sales are projected to grow up to $6.54 trillion in 2022.
It is imperative to create your e-commerce brand and get it accepted in the already existing e-commerce giants’ market. And only adopting the right e-commerce marketing strategy is going to get you grab the audiences’ attention.
Two topics we will cover in this blog are
- What is an e-commerce marketing strategy?
- What are the 5 best e-commerce marketing strategies to boost your sales?
Let’s get started.
What exactly is an E-Commerce Marketing Strategy?
Marketing or promoting your products, online stores or service to the audience online via a variety of marketing channels is known as E-commerce marketing. It means building your online brand by driving in traffic and converting this traffic to sales. It is essential to create dynamic digital marketing strategies with the ever evolving e-retail industry and the audiences.
Copying others’ e-commerce marketing tactics may not work for you every time. You have to pick the strategies favourable for your brand and try them to see if it is generating you the desired sales. Few key points you should keep an eye on to measure your goals are the click-through rates, search engine rankings, traffic, conversation rates and revenue rates. With the professional help of the available best e-commerce Development Company in India, picking the right strategy and customizing it to achieve the best ROI rates would not be difficult for you.
Here is the guide I have created using my proven 5 best E-Commerce Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing Strategy
Creating high quality and unique content relevant to your brand is the all time best E-commerce marketing strategy! Content Marketing Services are one of the most powerful and cost effective methods for lead generation. You can use different forms of content to generate your brand awareness, create user engagement and a meaningful relationship with your audience. Sharing your unique blog posts, photos, video or infographics would also help to drive in traffic and increase visibility.
Tips for Content Marketing –
- Know your brand, potential customers and create an informative value content.
- Share and promote it to make it reach as much as people possible
- Keep a track of your performing content and improving your existing content.
- SEO and SEM Strategy
Search Engine Optimization and Marketing Strategies involve organic and paid advertisement of your brand on the Search Engines. If your online website is search engine optimized, it will rank top on it and drive traffic organically. The traffic received via SERP are said to fetch both high-quality and high-quantity click-through rates from the best of targeted audience. White Hat SEO is considered to be the ideal one for ranking and keeping the audience engaged. SEM is the paid strategy that can increase your business reach fast and attract sales with leads. It is crucial to find an e-commerce website development services companythat can run your Paid Search Engine Advertising with Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads at the right place, at the right time in the right format on the Search Engines to reach the potential customers.
Tips for SEO and SEM Strategy –
- Make sure your ads are creative enough to stand out and grab the attention
- Always use the proper keywords for optimization
- Be mindful while setting your target audience
- Try to get as many as positive user reviews and show it on your page
- Influencer Marketing Strategy
This is one of the most effective strategies these days to drive in a large amount of traffic and sales. Influencers are social media celebrities with a large volume of followers list. Depending on your budget, you have to choose an Influencer, who fits in your niche and could make your product reach a lot of active potential customer population. This can instantly help you grow your brand. It’s a very popular marketing strategy adopted by brands these days to promote their items.
Tips for Influencer Marketing –
- Make sure to contact an influencer having an audience relevant to your industry
- Do a careful influencer study, watch their posts, and contact one having a decent audience engagement
- You can learn about the audience by studying the comments in the influencer’s account
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
Social media marketing (SMM) is a very broad and far reaching marketing technique to reach millions of active audience over it. It is possible to run paid social media ads, run an outreach campaign and publish posts actively on social media platforms to build brand and customer relationship. You can create and share unique powerful posts to grab likes, share and followers to build your community.
Tips for Social Media Marketing –
- Choose the right social media platform according to your niche – Be it Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or LinkedIn
- People mostly use Social media for fun, so it is important for you to transition your audience’s frame of mind
- Email Marketing Strategy
Personalized emails can reach your targeted audience directly in their inbox and get you sales. Statista states that 49% of users prefer to receive promotional emails from brands weekly. You can reach directly to your target customers and provide them unique fresh content, special offers or discounts via emails. Research shows that, when done right, you can expect an average ROI of $42 for every $1 investment.
Tips for Email Marketing –
- Select a reliable email marketing platform that can be automated, personalized, and have segmenting features
- Create a catchy and mindful subject line, content, offers, and good call to action button
At Digital Mesh, we would put down precisely what your brand’s goal, mission and objectives are. Our expert Digital Marketing Team would carefully analyze your journey so far so we can point out what sector may help you the best. Whatever your issue is, a few of our dedicated professionals’ proven best e-commerce marketing practices may bail you out of all.
You can feel free to reach out to our e-commerce website development company to know more or for any assistance.
Kiran is well known as the Optimus Prime in the team for her Digital Marketing Skills. She aims to win her ranking battles one step at a time.